Hold an event
The reason to have an event is to engage employees in workplace giving. If workplace giving is new to your organization, consider inviting the Minnesota Environmental Fund (MEF) to participate with a table, banners and information. This gives employees a chance to ask questions and get more information.
Events are also a fun way to involve co-workers in the campaign. The type of event you do depends on the size of your organization, the size of your planning committee and the budget. It doesn’t have to take a lot of money or planning to pull-off a fun and informative event.
Planning your event:
- Decide on what type of event would work well in your workplace
- Determine what (if any) budget you have to work with
- Get “buy-in” and support from upper management for event
- Assemble a planning committee to help with planning and day of event
- Prepare materials and pledge forms for employees (MEF can help)
- Determine what incentives would work best at your company
- Keep presentations short or loop information on a video
- Make your event fun by using some of the following ideas