Seeking qualified candidates to serve on Minnesota Environmental Fund’s Board of Directors
The Minnesota Environmental Fund (MEF) engages individuals and workplaces to support leading nonprofit organizations that protect, conserve and restore Minnesota’s environment. Since 1991, employees in Minnesota have given over $13,000,000 to MEF to ensure a healthy environment for future generations. MEF partners with over 100 workplaces in Minnesota, offering employee giving and employee engagement opportunities. When workplaces support the Minnesota Environmental Fund, they join a community of organizations working together to protect, conserve, and restore Minnesota’s environment. From ensuring clean drinking water and conserving outdoor spaces, to supporting renewable energy and growing healthy food – we are making a difference in Minnesota.
MEF is seeking board candidates to start in January 2019. Directors provide leadership in strategic planning and increasing workplace education and giving, all to support Minnesota’s outdoor heritage.
We are also seeking qualified committee and task force members and advisors for: Finance, Member Relations, Nominating, Marketing Task Force, New Private Workplace advisors, Workplace Volunteerism advisors.
MEF is especially seeking (though not limited to) candidates with one or more of the following skills/qualifications:
- Finance – accounting
- Legal expertise, especially nonprofit legal expertise
- Business development and strategy expertise
- Board governance
- Human Resources, Employee Engagement
- Connections to or representation from Minnesota’s major industries/employers
- Networking capacity and energy
- Workplace volunteerism
Ideal candidates will:
- Have a demonstrated passion for improving the environment in Minnesota
- Be committed to active participation in six board meetings per year, plus committee work and special sessions, as needed (3-5 hours/month)
- Be interested in helping MEF grow through outreach within his/her personal/professional network and workplace
- Embrace collaborative approaches
- Make MEF one of his/her top three charitable causes
- Be willing to serve a three-year term
We are meeting with potential candidates and will present our slate of candidates to the MEF Board by early November. A three-year term of service would begin in January 2019.
Contact: Margaret Levin, Sierra Club North Star Chapter and Chair of the MEF Nominations Committee: Margaret.email@example.com, 612-259-2446